Friday, August 9, 2013

Love, Bikes and World Championships

Last I posted here, I was focused on track cycling. Well, things have changed and in ways I couldn't have imagined possible.

Where to start?

First off, I fell in love again. I didn't know if it would be possible to find someone who got me. And boy did I get got! I upped and moved from Seattle to Colorado Springs about two years ago and absolutely love it here. Waking up to sunshine and next to my man does wonders for the soul.

I also decided to pursue piloting a tandem for the paracycling program. And in two short weeks I am headed to my first world championships. I am over the moon excited about it!  That whole world champ thing? It's quickly becoming reality. RAD!

Did I ever think I would be driving the front of a tandem with a visually impaired stoker on the back? No way! But I was open to the possibility. And because of that, well here I am.

I'm a living and breathing example that if you really want to do something, if you really dream big - you have to put it out there. The Universe responds! And though being a world champion didn't come in the format of track cycling (wait! That could still happen on the tandem!!!), it came in the way of pedaling bikes. And I couldn't be happier or more excited about that one.

More to come, I'm sure.

In the meantime - keep those dreams alive! They're yours for the taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment